Vicki Joiner Bowers is a Board Certified Elder Law Attorney dedicated to providing you with top-notch legal advice and options
Vicki Bowers graduated magna cum laude from Jacksonville University in 1994. She earned her Juris Doctorate from Stetson University College of Law in 1997.
Vicki Bowers is one of only 97 Board Certified Elder Law Attorneys by the Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education and one of only 24 Florida attorneys certified by the National Elder Law Foundation. These certifications require an initial testing and peer review and must be re-certified every five years. She is also an accredited Veterans Administration Attorney.
She is among the 5% of Florida attorneys named to the Florida Super Lawyers list since 2008.
Specializing in elder law focuses Vicki Bowers’ practice on the unique issues faced by the elderly, the disabled, and their families. Services include wills, trusts, special needs trusts, Durable Powers of Attorney, living wills, Health Care Surrogate, nursing home placement and discharge issues, long term care, Medicaid and Social Security Income planning, Veterans Benefits, Guardianship and Probate. As a pet lover, she also includes Pet Trusts in her practice.
While specializing in the elderly and disabled, Vicki can provide assistance in her areas of expertise to individuals at any age or stage of life. The need for advance directives and estate planning is relevant for anyone, beginning at age 18.
Vicki frequently speaks on topics relating to elder law and planning issues, and has published articles on Advance Directives and Long Term Care Planning . If you need a speaker for your group contact us.
- Board Certified Elder Law Attorney by Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education. Florida Bar (since 2003)
- Certified Elder Law Attorney by National Elder Law Foundation (since 2003)
- Accredited attorney, Veterans Administration
- The Florida Bar (Member, Elder Law Section); Elder Law Certification Committee (2006-2011) (co-chair-2007-2009); CLE Chair for Elder Law Section (2002-2004); CLE Committee (2003-2005)
- Jacksonville Bar Association (member, Elder Law Section, co-chair 1999-2001; Chair 2004-2005)
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (member, Florida section; Board Member Florida Section 2003-2007)
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (Board Member Florida Section 2003-2007)
- Women Business Owners of NE Florida